Oh cool.  I see what you're getting at.  Thanks.  I actually know exactly
how that happened.  I originally used ACTION_CALL (and therefore had to put
CALL_PHONE in).  I didn't like having it immediately dial so I switched to
ACTION_DIAL and liked the interaction a lot better that way (allowing the
user to confirm the call) but CALL_PHONE got left in as a by-product.  In
evolution this process is referred to as "scaffolding" by the way, where
the evolution of feature X requires feature Y but at a later time Y fades
away leaving X looking fairly inexplicable.

Thanks.