On Tuesday, May 14, 2013 8:08:43 PM UTC+2, Thyme Cypher wrote:

> I'm attempting to display a rather large bitmap VIA an ImageView, which
> when Hardware Acceleration is enabled of course, has issues with texture
> sizes (I'm well aware of texture size limitations in 3D engines). My
> question is how to get what the maximum image size is without an OpenGL
> context (As I'm not creating one and don't have access to the one that the
> operating system creates, as far as I know at least) and ideally without
> first attempting to render said image (As so there isn't a flash frame
> without an image) and using exception handling.

This is not an answer to your specific question, but I was having issues
with too large bitmaps. I ended writing my own widget, which "stiches"
together smaller bitmaps as textures on OpenGL planes. Otherwise it was
interesting to observe, that SGSII has a max width/height of 4096, whereas
Nexus has 2048, etc. It is device dependent.

Regards,
 Miha.

---
"Android Developers" group.