I am getting java.lang.VerifyError even though I am compiling all code
in Android platform and I do not use any external jars. The details
are follows,

I have two .java files (a.java and b.java) which have the following
code,

a.java
--------
package org.jetbrains.annotations;
import java.lang.annotation.*;
/**
 * An element annotated with Nullable claims <code>null</code> value
is perfectly <em>valid</em>
 * to return (for methods), pass to (parameters) and hold (local
variables and fields).
 * Apart from documentation purposes this annotation is intended to be
used by static analysis tools
 * to validate against probable runtime errors and element contract
violations.
 * @author max
 */
@Documented
@Retention(RetentionPolicy.CLASS)
@Target({ElementType.METHOD, ElementType.FIELD, ElementType.PARAMETER,
ElementType.LOCAL_VARIABLE})
public @interface Nullable {
  String value() default "";
}

b.java
--------
public
abstract class AbstractServiceArbiter<S extends MutableService>
implements ServiceArbiter<S> {
protected final void addRequest(ServiceArbiterRequest req) {
addRequestImpl(req,
null);
}
protected <R extends ServiceArbiterRequest> void addUniqueRequest(R
req,
Class<R> unique) {
if (unique == null) {
      throw new IllegalArgumentException("class cannot be null");
}
addRequestImpl(req, unique);
}
private <R extends ServiceArbiterRequest> void addRequestImpl(R req,
@Nullable Class<R> unique) {
S service;
synchronized (this) {
if (unique != null) {
    for (Iterator<ServiceArbiterRequest> it = requests.iterator();
        it.hasNext();) {
            if (unique.isInstance(it.next())) it.remove();
    }
}
requests.add(req);
service =
currentService;
}
}
I get the following error when addRequest() method in b.java file is
called,
VFY: unable to resolve direct method 6633: /serive/
AbstractServiceArbiter;.addRequestImpl (b;Ljava/lang/Class;)V
VFY: rejecting opcode 0x70 at 0x000a
VFY: rejected /service/AbstractServiceArbiter;.addRequest (Ljava/lang/
Class;)V
Verifier rejected class AbstractServiceArbiter