>From http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html;

"Who is permitted to vote is, to some extent, a community-specific thing.
However, the basic rule is that only PMC members have binding votes, and all
others are either discouraged from voting (to keep the noise down) or else
have their votes considered of an indicative or advisory nature only.

That's the general rule. In actual fact, things tend to be a little looser,
and procedural votes from developers and committers are sometimes considered
binding if the voter has acquired enough merit and respect in the community.
Only votes by PMC members are considered binding on code-modification
issues, however."

Al.

---

* Written an Android App? - List it at http://andappstore.com/ *

======
company number  6741909. The registered head office is Kemp House,
152-160 City Road, London,  EC1V 2NX, UK.

subsidiaries.