App Name: txeet
Slogan: Have fun texting
Category: Tools/Productivity

txeet is an application that aims to making sending SMS fun and
convenient.

The features that I had intended in the beginning includes inserting
templates, voting and submitting templates, smart placeholders such as
{firstname} and {number}, SMS dictionary, emoticons and styling
messages. But I ended up submitting the app with only 5% of what was
intended. The only feature left is styling the messages.

A big mistake I had was to choose Google App Engine (GAE) in Java as
the server technology. Pardon me. GAE is great, I love it and it would
be my choice for server technology. But I am new to GAE, and there is
so much to learn, so many pitfalls to fall into.. I ended up spending
3 tiring weeks to get things done with GAE – implementing Restlets,
using JDO, writing queries, doing pagination, serializing/
deserializing JSON format, etc..

In total, I spent 2 months (only weekends) working on the application.
The experience is more of a learning one for me, getting to know GAE
and Android better (:

Would be great if there is a ADC3!