Right now there is no "real" P2P possible on Android using the
official SDK APIs.

In case of Wifi there is no support of Ad-Hoc. You could try to use a
multicast approach where you try first to discover which devices are
in the WLAN. Problem with multicast/broadcast on Wifi is that your
network performance gets impacted very fast when you add the number of
clients in the network. Also the type of traffic in the WLAN
influences the throughput.

If you think about using a central server then I would not all your
setup "P2P" anymore.

--
Roman Baumgaertner
Sr. SW Engineer-OSDC