That's the thing, I'm not getting *any* delay whatsoever. I set it to
the highest it would go (15 seconds) and I connected, sent, and
received all in under ~300ms - there was no noticeable delay
whatsoever. Setting the speed has no apparent affect either, and
turning on and off the data connection also doesn't do anything. All
of the settings affect the android browser, but none of them affect my
app. As in the android browser will claim that there is no connection
whereas my app has no trouble connecting.