It's because your app is running in density compatibility mode.  Note that
if you are using a surface view, this means there is a good chance that your
surface is actually the smaller size and being scaled up to the full screen
size (854x480) during compositing.  if that is the case, turning off density
compatibility may have a significant impact on your rendering speed,
depending on what you are doing.

--
Dianne Hackborn
Android framework engineer