Hi all. I've been reading the developer guide, the sections on
designing for performance and responsiveness. It's great stuff, and
I'm going to go through all my code and refactor everything I can to
meet these suggestions.

One line stood out for me: "For games specifically, do calculations
for moves in a child thread."

Could someone possibly elaborate on this a little? If you had a game
where the screen was being refreshed continuously, with calculations
being made on every refresh, does this mean starting and ending a
thread every time this happens? Or is one thread created at the start,
which stays open for the duration of the game?

And would this be an inner class extending Thread with a run() method
as usual, or are there better ways of handling it? I recently used an
"AsyncTask" to handle a background task, would that be something that
could be of use here?

Many thanks for any help.