Like some others suggested pre-process the large file, break it up in
smaller chunks, each chunk being a proper JPEG
Then put all the chunks in a RandomAccessFile or a database. Be sure
to be able to find the chunks by a row and column index.

Then put this RandomAccessFile or database on your phone and write
code to fetch each sub-jpg based on a row and colum index.