Jags wrote:
> does that mean i wont be able to locate the db file ?

On the emulator, you should have no problems. On a device, though,
security restrictions will prevent you from finding it.

> I saw a data
> folder in android sdk /platforms /1.5/  but it does not follow
> structure after that like data/<pkg name>/databases

That is your PC. You do not want to look on your PC. You want to look on
your *emulator*.

> and there is no data folder generated in bin folder of my workspace.

That is your PC. You do not want to look on your PC. You want to look on
your *emulator*.

Use DDMS's File Manager, or adb push and adb pull, to work with files on
the emulator:

http://developer.android.com/guide/developing/tools/ddms.html
http://developer.android.com/guide/developing/tools/adb.html

> but when i do a
>
> long i = c.getLong(c.getColumnIndex("MyId"));
>
> I get a zero, i tried getInt also, did not work. i am convinced it is
> proper pk value in the db because, MyId is INT PRIMARY KEY
> AUTO_INCREMENT

You really should consider naming that _ID instead of MyId.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

Android Training in US: 11-15 January 2010: http://onlc.com