Hi,

There is an object pool implementation in Android, put it's private at
the moment. You can however copy its source code that you can find
here:

http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=platform/frameworks/base.git;a=tree;f=core/java/android/util;h=91ffaec4501c851cfec5d1423418177ce47e3ec9;hb=master

Look for the various Pool*.java files.

On Sun, Jan 3, 2010 at 11:30 AM, Philip <philip.dese...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I was wondering what solutions other android developers have adopted
> to get around gc pauses. I am working on a game framework and the
> creation and destruction of small objects like points and vectors are
> killing my bandwidth, I googled up "java pool" and found this:
>
> http://commons.apache.org/pool/
>
> I am curious to find out if there is an implementation on Android with
> such tweaking that it would really increase the performances or if
> there is something else (maybe in the framework already?) that I can
> use.
>
> Thanks!

Romain Guy
Android framework engineer
romain...@android.com

to provide private support.  All such questions should be posted on