Welcome to developing on Android.   This is round 2.5   1.6 came out just
days before.  2.0 came out on the droid before developers (well most of us)
got to see it and now this.    It's almost like Google doesn't want us to
develop for Android.

On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 12:10 PM, pcm2a <reeeye...@gmail.com> wrote:

> These phones are on sale with 2.1 Os on them right now.  My friend
> just ordered two with overnight shipping.
>
> How is it even remotely acceptable that people will have 2.1 in their
> hands before developers even get to touch the SDK?  I already have
> users using the Nexis-Droid 2.1 rom saying that my highly used widget
> doesn't work.  How am I supposed to test this out in advance without
> hacking our phone all up?
>
> All this does is frustrate users when apps don't work and further
> degrades the market with 1 stars because developers don't have a
> chance to update their code.
>
> Thanks google....

Writing code is one of few things
that teaches me I don't know everything.

Join the Closed Beta of Call Girl Manager
http://www.fuligin.com/forums