>From the Q&A

Jason Chen:
Q: Why was it necessary for Google to design the phone? Why couldn’t
it just be an HTC phone running the new flavor of Android? And will
these new features becoming to Droid?
A: It’s inaccurate to say Google designed the phone (points to HTC
CEO). [Google] is just merchandising it online. Everybody will get 2.1
when it’s open source, within a couple of days

To me that implies the SDK will be coming in a couple of days.