You can find out how to do all that by going to the appropriate
website - admob, quattro etc. They all have good instructions on that.

I can only really speak about AdMob because I havent used the others
much. There, you get paid per click but each click is not necessarily
worth the same amount. Location, for example, plays a major part. A
click in China might only bring you 1 cent, but in europe perhaps 10
cents. I think it also depends on supply and demand of the ads
themselves.

Typically, a developer might be getting something like 1USD per
thousand ads displayed. Again, they're are not paid for displaying
ads, its just that it usually works out about that amount (from my
personal experience and having read the experience of others).

The range would be something like 0.20USD to 5.00USD (per 1000 ads
displayed).

And then there is the "fill rate" which is the percentage of times
your app requests an ad and it is successfully displayed. I've had
fill rates from 10% to 99% but have heard some people talking about
1%. This seems to fluctuate all the time and obviously has a massive
impact on your revenue. I was getting about 90% over the chrismas
period but now its down to about 30%. I guess there is less
advertising out there. But suppose that 50% is normal, then that means
you need to halve the figures above. i.e. about 0.50USD per 1000 ads
requested.

Note, you can just refresh the ads more often to improve your revenue.
AdMob will prioritise serving ads to publishers they expect to get a
better return from. Its not uncommon that an app using AdMob will be
showing no advert most of the time, and this is because AdMob believe
their ads are better off being displayed elsewhere.