Can one of you guys explain fill rate? I've read the AdMob site.. doesn't
quite click with me. Btw, adwhirl is owned by admob, interesting. So if you
basically need an app that is downloaded 10's of thousands of times to make
a few bucks. By this I mean, if your app is downloaded by 10,000 users, and
they run it once a week, you're not getting many "views" to ads. I am also
confused as to why admob would want to decide to place their ads elsewhere?
By this I mean.. if you request an ad and don't get one back, that is admob
(or other service) deciding that they don't want your app to have that ad as
often as you may be requesting it... but isn't it money for them? I don't
understand why they would control that. As someone who has clicked on ads a
couple of times, I'd much rather see ads faster than slower.. especially
those that are regarding something I am interested in.

Do you guys know if any of these sites "target" users? I am not sure if
their SDK is able to actually watch what a user does and try to target ads
for that user. I am guessing not as that would be pretty intrusive on a
mobile device.

On a side note, are any of you guys making enough to live off of with
android.. or is it basically a little spending cash and you just enjoy
writing apps for android? I know the rare apps like iFart on iPhone and
others that make the developer thousands, and in some cases millions in a
short amount of time, but I would rather see a more sustained income coming
in.. at some point your app is going to go further down on the market list..
how do you keep people buying it to keep money coming in? I would guess the
free full version with ads is a better way to keep money coming in than the
buy once and that's it. As well, how do you handle income taxes? If this is
too off topic, I'd appreciate a private mail. I am trying to figure out how
all this works and haven't found any good resource on how the whole keep
your app selling on the market, IRS/income taxes, etc works.

Thanks.