To further confirm what others have been saying - Multitouch is not
suitable for games on Android at the moment.  I'm trying to implement
a simple control system - left thumb is a virtual analog stick
(working fine with single-touch) and a fire button on the right.  I
wanted to go with another virtual analog stick on the right but there
is no way it will work with all of these bugs.  In fact, the fire
button is causing a big problem as well.

The major issue is that touch points influence each other - badly.  If
you're holding a thumb down at 100,300 then touch over at 700,250,
guess what?  Your first touch point magically moves to 100,250ish,
depending on how hard you touch with the right thumb.  I thought maybe
I could write some smart code to work around these issues but the data
is so bad that I don't see how I can make for a reliable control
system using this data.

I could even work around the axis flipping problem but the influence
issue I'm trying to describe above it really too much to work
around.

Given that not even DPad/trackballs are standard on Android phones -
are we confined to tilt and single-touch for all game control systems
for now?  It would seem that way to me.  These problems now make me
realize where the typing inaccuracies come from on the keyboard - the
keys are probably receiving the wrong coords some of the time when mt
is being used.

Touch - what works:
Any single touch
Registering a second touch and kind of the location of the second
touch (though it won't be accurate)

Touch - what's broken:
Any kind of accuracy with two touch points down
Axis flipping when the moving touch points cross over

Tested with the latest version of Android on my Nexus One (2.1-
update1).