I don't, in fact, understand their predicament.

I presume they have one. They haven't communicated it, so I won't
pretend to understand it.

I'll settle for helping them understand my predicament, and hope they
can use that effectively in balancing their predicament.

Could you please identify in the document a single threat? And I see
statements of need, not demands. I really don't understand your
reading of the document.

I do take seriously that you have this reaction. It's probably not
exactly the way I'd write it, either. But I don't think you're really
helping, yet.

Even if you don't sign on -- even if it is, in fact, a minority view
(I don't think so) - there's value in making clear the sentiment and
the problems we face.

If there's anything disrespectful, by all means, that needs to change.