Shane

Kevin and I have been heavily involved in this because we both require
in-app billing for "virtual items" within our apps.

Actually this morning (as Kevin knows) I am trying to decide which way to
go.

I can either have my app access my website, require my users to enter
account information on my site and then download my virtual content from my
website within my app (which it will install it for them).

Or I can find a way to make my virtual content available though Market place
and have my virtual content available via apk downloads.  For me (and Kevin
probably agrees) the biggest advantage of using Market place is that users
are fimular with it and if they don't have to re-enter their account
information a second time from a source they don't know much about (i.e my
site) and instead use market place so all they have to do is hit "ok to
confirm" that will make a HUGE difference in the amount of users that will
pay for virtual content because its a two second click VS re-entering all
their account info again from an unknown source.

As a developer of an app that is a HUGE incentive for me to use Market place
and worth the extra time for me to think of a way to make it work.

I am just trying to design a way to make the virtual content available so
they don' t end up with dosens of apk files downloaded (one for each virtual
content they purchase). I am currently thinking of an "install" apk app
(different than my main app to make it small and lean for downloads) that
can maybe get "updates" depending on which virtual content is purchased.
Then that app talks to my main app to install my virtual content that my
main app uses.

I am currently researching what is involved when you do an "update" to a
current apk.

That's where I currently am right now.

-Chris