It's also tough to find the important terms for  SlideME fees in one place.
Have a section that outlines major points with a link for detailed
information would help.

The important points that required some digging for me are:

1) SlideME charges a $30 remittance fee to the developer. This is difficult
to find at the bottom on the payouts page.
2) SlideME charges the developer for transactions of failed installs that
don't result in the sales. The fee's aren't specified and this information
is very easily missed in a FAQ.
3) 0.50 charge to developer for refunds of applications

So something in clear language like: 5% + 0.5 transaction plus the following
(3) fees...would help clear up future misunderstandings.

Most developers tipping over the $100 mark are going to be expecting 90
something dollars. After remittance fees, sales taxes, refunds and failed
transaction fees, it's certainly going to be much less than the Android
Market and they would feel cheated if they missed such important
information.

Being clear and upfront is critical to maintaining community trust.

On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 3:40 AM, Paul <idi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Just to update everyone, I did in fact post my application to SlideME
> even despite some negative comments here. I emailed with one developer
> who had a mostly positive experience. Of course I should mention that
> this developer's name was supplied to me by SlideME, so they probably
> knew he didn't have any issues. Regardless, what he said seemed
> believable, so I decided to give it a try.
>
> George-> I think there are some important takeaways here for SlideME.
> Basically you need to make the whole invoice/payment process both
> clearer (put it all up on the website), and easier (copying and
> pasting is bad), formatting invoices bad. Basically your service just
> won't be tolerated if developers have to do a lot of work to get paid,
> because it makes your company seem less believable (hence this
> thread). Make it simpler and clearer. You can't keep saying things
> like "we are not able to take all developers by the hand if they do
> not submit as we require such paperwork". Since you don't have any
> information about this whole invoice submittal, formatting thing on
> the website you are going to have to hand hold everyone. I think your
> site could also be a little clearer about fees and taxes, and you need
> a way for developers to get amounts <$100 without discussion.
>
> I've only had 3 sales so far on SlideME (compared to 200+ per day on
> Android Market) so not much to go on there. I think SlideME needs to
> do more marketing/advertising if they are going to have it take off.
>
> -Paul

Shane Isbell (Founder of ZappMarket)
http://twitter.com/sisbell
http://twitter.com/zappstore