Ever wondered why you cannot find stuff in the store? Because you're
not supposed to; the longer you spend looking for things the higher
the chance you pick up something else on the way. Hence stores have no
incentive in you (or me) working a shopping list more efficiently.
Department stores like Dillard's are the worst. No geeky indoor
coverage to be expected there, or any other assistant technology,
unless it can be peppered with advertisements. I think I'll pass.

As far as decimeter location accuracy goes; hard to accomplish when
moving. There are commercial applications which try to reach no-
brainer, consistent sub-meter accuracy, relying on almost ideal
conditions (flat, line of sight with minimum interference and good
receiption of Coast Guard beacons or other sources of differential
fixes) and GPS units going for 3 grands a pop bigger than Devo hats.
And even here, it cannot get consistenly get done 24/7/365, and you
never know until after the fact. So many serious logistics apps still
rely on transponder guidance, not triangulation or hybrid
triangulation/INS approaches.

Overall the reported experience with the N95 built-in GPS unit sounds
realistic for any phone, as it is consistent with my very limited
personal experience on other models. We will learn more how the N95's
perform in a greater scheme of things as coincidently I hear these
will be usedl in the upcoming SafeTrip-21 project here in the Bay
Area. http://www.dot.gov/affairs/rita0108.htm

JP