whitemice,

Thank you for all the links. The spotigo will work for trade shows.
The picture I had was a bit different but would net the same result.
It was two wi-mesh tropos like radios and a floor map.  The radio
signals provide two possible locations and a local app uses history,
velocity and geometry (walls and aisles) to pick the right one.

The use case is: a pedestrian able locate the person or object they
are looking for to within a meter - consider finding a child at a
crowded public event.

That is a pretty general use case with an extremely important example
attached to it.

Oh, and I want it to be less expensive than GPS.