> Hi,
> How do I edit init.rc and have the changes permanent?
>
> I modified the /init.rc on koolu beta 7, but on each restart the PATH
> variable (my change) is being put back.
>
> What should I do?
>
> Thanks.

I picked up the following frim William Zheng:

--
"Last month, I use these commands below to modify the init.rc
successfully.

   ./adb shell mount -o remount,rw rootfs /

   ./adb push init.rc /

   ./adb shell sync

   After rebooting FR, the modification in init.rc still exists.
"
--

However, he continued with the following statement:

--
"But today, I cannot modify the init.rc any longer using those commands
above. After rebooting, the modification in init.rc does not exists.

Is there any other approach to modify the init.rc?"
--

I did not see any answer on this question, so not sure if this still works or
not, but perhaps you could give it a go.

Niels.