> Hi Niel,
>
> I still found no solution to my problem. I am using the koolu cupcake built
> from the git repository. I am not using koolu beta 7.

Hi William,

I've moved from Android to SHR for some time now, so I can't really simulate
your problem.

Are you also using Busybox? If so, after changing the init.rc, would it help to
do an explicit sync on the filesystem? Can you see the last modified date of
the file being updated on filesystem level? Can you check if there might be
permission issue?

When you reboot, is the last modified date different from when you actually
changed the file yourself? If this is the case, it would mean the boot process
overwrites any change with the vanilla version.

Questions are:

Are we doing somehting wrong?
Can we prevent this from happening?
Or how can we inject changes in the vanilla so that changes are not lost?

I'm afraid I don't have any answer to this.

Do you have the same issues when using Michael's branch?  It could be worthwile
to turn to Michael's version to check if your problem persists.

Niels.