Hi Niel,

    I still found no solution to my problem. I am using the koolu cupcake built
from the git repository. I am not using koolu beta 7.

Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2009 17:32:00 +0300
From: 2...@maryhit.com
To: android-freerunner@android.koolu.org
Subject: Re: [android-freerunner] init.rc - permanent changes?

Thanks for the tip, but I've used busybox (added also in wiki:
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Android_on_Freerunner#Busybox) and I modified the
file on the spot with vi. I did it a few times...
So for sure there is nothing related to sync :(

On Mon, Sep 7, 2009 at 5:27 PM, Niels Heyvaert <nielsheyva...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
> How do I edit init.rc and have the changes permanent?
>
> I modified the /init.rc on koolu beta 7, but on each restart the PATH
> variable (my change) is being put back.
>
> What should I do?
>
> Thanks.

I picked up the following frim William Zheng:

--
"Last month, I use these commands below to modify the init.rc
successfully.

  ./adb shell mount -o remount,rw rootfs /

  ./adb push init.rc /

  ./adb shell sync

  After rebooting FR, the modification in init.rc still exists.
"
--

However, he continued with the following statement:

--
"But today, I cannot modify the init.rc any longer using those commands
above. After rebooting, the modification in init.rc does not exists.

Is there any other approach to modify the init.rc?"
--

I did not see any answer on this question, so not sure if this still works or
not, but perhaps you could give it a go.

Niels.