I understand that, but I want it to specifically IGNORE the next element
that can receive focus in a specific instance, and set focus on the next
element with a specific value of a given attribute, that element being
generated by ng-repeat.

As described in the other topic I created, I don't know how to select
dynamically generated elements by their attribute, so I don't know how to
edit your code appropriately.

Specifically, how do I select e.g. "[my-directive=3]" among these, when all
of them has "i" rather than 1, 2, or 3 as the value of [my-directive]:
<input ng-repeat="i in [1,2,3]" my-directive="i">

In a specific instance, I want to the focus to move from 1 to 3, rather
than the next element.