Hi Michael,

My opinion:

Q1: In principle, I believe that it would make sense to do it. However, a
different question is whether ANIMA WG of the IETF is the right place for it.
For instance, the integration of WPA-Enterprise you mentioned had been done by
the WiFi-Alliance, albeit heavily relying on IETF protocols (RADIUS, PPP, EAP,
Microsoft's MPPE, VSAs, etc).

Q2: Specifically, the relevant issues would seem to rather fall into the scope
of IEEE 802.1 (for the supplicant), IEEE 802.11 (for the wireless client) or of
the WiFi Alliance (for integration, etc). We need to consider their way(s) of
specifying all that. For instance, one could argue that the bootstrapping
should be done over the DS, whereas whether the DS itself is wireless or not
should not play any role. In this case, I believe it would be wrong to define
ESSIDs or modes of operation of 802.11, because it's extremely biased. I am not
even talking about OAM, because I do not want troubles :-)

Q3: Sorry, I did not quite understand this one. If you meant the ad-hoc essid
based network, my first intuition would be to object, as I believe that we
should not prescribe such modes for ACP, but rather use the best available one.

Q4: As I believe that Q2 is strongly biased, I believe that so is Q4. The WiFi
Alliance already specifies several ways how to bootstrap wireless access
points, including e.g. WPS. We would rather need to see, how to integrate with
such means. And again, I don't believe we have authority on that.

Regards
artur