Our proxy is an application using CoAP. In that respect it is IMHO not a bad
idea to be explicit in what options are and what options are not to be included
in the CoAP headers, and not expect that implementers should/could figure this
all out by themselves. Especially, when there are options whose inclusion and
reaction to could create a security risk.

I guess i do not understand CoAP well enough, but the wy it sounds to me,
unclusion of the Uri option would be a security risk, because it would
allow the Pledge to indicate to the constrained proxy which registrar/proxy to
connect to, right ? Which a pledge shuoldn't be able to know anyhow, but if it
was including it, it could make the proxy select a registrar proxy that it
shouldn't use.

If we do not document this, how would an implementer be supposed to come to
the conclusion of what E.g.: Esko wrote in his reply, e.g.: that an error
would be raised (which seems what we should do).

Whats even all this terminology - forward/reverse proxy... Is there a simple
picture anyhwere in any of the RFC references explaining this ?

Thanks!
    Toerless

--
---