> I don't understand why it's not application/voucher+cose+cbor.
> The outer encoding is cbor, the next layer is cose.

Well, the reason is clearly that the draft-ietf-mediaman-suffixes is just a
draft at the moment. Things may change there. We don't want to overhaul our
draft in this stage or wait until mediaman-suffixes is done, presumably?
So we have to assume for the near future only one suffix has a clearly defined
semantics.

So it's either

     application/voucher+cbor
     application/voucher+cose    (if we register 'cose' in the IANA registry as
well)

Note that '+cbor' only refers to the outer CBOR encoding, that is, the fact
that the COSE data is CBOR itself. It doesn't refer to the fact that 'voucher'
itself is also (again) encoded in a particular form of CBOR.

If mediaman-suffixes in current state would be accepted and become RFC, then it
could optionally also be:

    application/voucher+cose+cbor

(Note: this wouldn't be mandatory, though. All forms are still valid.)

If we want it could be extended to

    application/voucher+ysid+cose+cbor

where '+ysid' would indicate it using the CBOR-YANG-SID encoding. This has the
benefit that a decoder that doesn't know about 'vouchers' but does know about
CBOR YANG/SID encoding and about COSE, can still represent the information to a
user in a readable form.

That said, for the constrained bootstrap procedure we are considering there's
no benefit as such in adding suffixes to the name. And especially not given the
draft status of multiple suffixes.

As you said also the following would be possible today:

    application/voucher+ysid

if we register 'ysid' as being CBOR-YANG-SID that's included in a COSE wrapper.
I find this less useful than the first options of '+cbor' or '+cose' , it seems
too specific.

Esko