Esko Dijk <esko.d...@iotconsultancy.nl> wrote:
    > As you said also the following would be possible today:

    >     application/voucher+ysid

    > if we register 'ysid' as being CBOR-YANG-SID that's included in a COSE
    > wrapper. I find this less useful than the first options of '+cbor' or
    > '+cose' , it seems too specific.

I'm agnositc because:
1) over COAP it's a single CONTENT-FORMAT, so the size does not matter.
2) over HTTPS, it's a rich network environment, so bytes do not count.

We've been told at this point that we should use as specific a format as
possible.  I don't think that voucher+ysig is meaningful (or accurate) for
us, because we also COSE sign it, which not every YANG-SID use will do.

So I just don't know what to do, but I think we what have done is wrong.

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+i...@sandelman.ca>   . o O ( IPv6 IøT consulting )