I keep asking for help with compiling on Windows over the months but no one ever answers me. Hopefully if someone has compiled it already they can share it.

Good luck,

Adam

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [animata-users] PROBLEM: GETTING STARTED WITH ANIMATA
From: Katharina Maier <obstlie...@yahoo.de>
Date: Sun, December 06, 2009 11:39 am
To: animata-users@lists.kitchenbudapest.hu

Hello!

I'm a media & interactiondesign-student doing an interactive audio-visual-installation for an exhibition.
and really would like to use the possibility to feed animata with user-generated data from pure data on windows vista 64-bit.

Because i'm coming more from the visual than programming side my questions
might sound stupid. Facing the danger, here they are:

It's about the "compiling-thing".
i've if got this:

"Installing
----------

Animata requires:

FLTK (1.1.x)

Installing on Windows
---------------------

On Windows Animata is compiled from Cygwin

Cygwin packages: python, subversion, fltk-devel, libjpeg-devel, libjpg62
libpng12, libpng12-devel, gcc-core, gcc-g++

Download the Scons tarball from and copy it to your cygwin
home directory. Then type:
tar -zxvf scons-1.2.0.tar.gz
cd scons-1.2.0
python setup.py install"

So that's where my stupid begins.
I downloaded and extracted (no installation needed) FLTK (version 1.1.x).
I downloaded and installed CYGWIN (version 1.5.25)
I installed all packages, because exept "python" i didn't find the others in the list.
I downloaded the file "scons-1.2.0.tar.gz" and copied it to the
CYGWIN home directory (which is where the *.bat, *.ico and 12 folders are?)

I didn't get the "On Windows Animata is compiled from Cygwin" and
"Then type:
tar -zxvf scons-1.2.0.tar.gz
cd scons-1.2.0
python setup.py install".

Which *.exe file in which folder is the programm to compile with?
Means to compile, to copy the sourcecode, paste it in a window and push a button named "compile"? And where do i type the "tar -zxvf..." in?

Sorry. I really tried to find the info, but no success.

I would be really happy for some hints and
big thanks to kitchen budapest for the animata-project.
It gives interaction- & animation-strategies
new possibilities to pool together.

-haellmuth