Hello!

I'm a media & interactiondesign-student doing an
interactive audio-visual-installation for an exhibition.
and really
would like to use the possibility to feed animata with user-generated data from
pure data on windows vista 64-bit.

Because i'm coming more from the visual than programming side my questions
might sound stupid. Facing the danger, here they are:

It's about the "compiling-thing".
i've if got this:

"Installing
----------

Animata requires:

FLTK (1.1.x)

Installing on Windows
---------------------

On Windows Animata is compiled from Cygwin

Cygwin packages: python, subversion, fltk-devel, libjpeg-devel, libjpg62
libpng12, libpng12-devel, gcc-core, gcc-g++

Download the Scons tarball from  and copy it to your cygwin
home directory. Then type:
tar -zxvf scons-1.2.0.tar.gz
cd scons-1.2.0
python setup.py install"

So that's where my stupid begins.
I downloaded and extracted (no installation needed) FLTK (version 1.1.x).
I downloaded and installed CYGWIN (version 1.5.25)
I installed all packages, because exept "python" i didn't find the others in
the list.
I downloaded the file "scons-1.2.0.tar.gz" and copied it to the
CYGWIN home directory (which is where the *.bat, *.ico and 12 folders are?)

I didn't get the "On Windows Animata is compiled from Cygwin" and
"Then type:
tar -zxvf scons-1.2.0.tar.gz
cd scons-1.2.0
python setup.py install".

Which *.exe file in which folder is the programm to compile with?
Means
to compile, to copy the sourcecode, paste it in a window and push a
button named "compile"? And where do i type the "tar -zxvf..." in?

Sorry. I really tried to find the info, but no success.

I would be really happy for some hints and
big thanks to kitchen budapest for the animata-project.
It gives interaction- & animation-strategies
new possibilities to pool together.

-haellmuth