Thanks for the info. I think I should have said that I am a newbie to
animating. I have recently done Cert IV in Digital Media and Diploma in
Multimedia and now that I'm not there I don't have the money to go and buy
any of the programs, so yes it's great to find open source software to use.

 I saw a Quicktime Mov that was on the net and it looked great. So I decided
to take a look at it myself. I'm not a coder myself, I have always found it
hard to do and only just barely scraped through my exams. I was actually
surprised I passed.

This is part of an email that some info about what someone else did. I
googled Eyesweb & MaxMSP. and haven't had a chance to read all of it - but
will do.

sahAL meRchaNT to animata-users
show details 11:59 PM (15 hours ago)

Hi all,
I managed to get Animata working using Eyesweb & MaxMSP.
I used a PC and a MAC
On the PC -
I used Eyesweb to get the OSC data and then MaxMSP to capture them and send
them over the network.
On the MAC-
I used MaxMSP to capture the OSC send from the PC and then to my rigged
character in Animata.
The results were pretty good the only problem I faced was having a well lit
room and sometime the rigging would fall apart (for reasons not known to me)
I think the more complex the character for erg. .with legs the more tricky.
The Indonesian shadow puppet works best.
But I finally got a good rigged character.
Thanks to all at Kitchen Budapest for the EyesWeb patches and ofcourse for
giving us ANIMATA :)
And also thanks to my teacher Jan Klug for helping me out with MaxMSP
programming.
sahAL meRchaNT

Thanks for your help :)

Judy