Hello,

What do you want to achieve? Nicer maps or specific analysis of home range?

If you want to visualise the data there are several options. You may consider 
using Movebank.org for example. Which is easy, intuitive and has great rasters. 

Using ánimos is best via R. Are you confortable in that programming language?


Sebastian 

> On 13 Jul 2017, at 13:34, Matteo Rizzuto <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
> Greetings everyone,
> 
> I am a PhD student at Memorial University of Newfoundland and my research 
> investigates patterns of resource selection and space use of Snowshoe hares 
> in relation to the nutrient content of their food.
> 
> I am currently collecting space-use data from radio collared Snowshoe hares, 
> via triangulation. While in the field, I use an iPad to annotate the results 
> of my triangulations and to draw a sketch of my lines, to get an idea of 
> where and how big each triangle is. However, I would like to produce some 
> more polished maps showing the results of my triangulations, ideally one for 
> each collar separately.
> 
> I installed the AniMov plugin but I am not too sure where to start or how it 
> works. I could not find a tutorial or a user manual online. Could anyone 
> point me to such resources? Or help me figure out how to do this?
>  
> My .csv dataset contains UTM coordinates for every listening point I take 
> bearings from, as well as a the bearing for the direction from which I heard 
> the strongest signal for each collar. I also already have a QGIS map of the 
> general area where my hares are.
> 
> Thank you very much in advance!
> 
> Best,
> 
> Matteo Rizzuto
> 
> PhD Student
> Ecosystem Ecology Lab | SN3106
> Memorial University of Newfoundland
> St. John's, NL, Canada
> +1 (709) 743 8012
> _______________________________________________
> AniMov mailing list
> [email protected]
> https://lists.faunalia.it/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/animov
_______________________________________________
AniMov mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.faunalia.it/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/animov

Reply via email to