Il 14/07/2017 16:05, Matteo Rizzuto ha scritto:
> Hi All,
> 
> Thank you Sebastian and Paolo for your help. 
> 
> In the short term, I am trying to achieve nicer maps, to get an idea of
> where the animal is hanging out and inform future VHF session. To this
> end, what I would like to do is to draw the lines from my triangulations
> and, once I have the triangle in QGIS, calculate the centroid of that
> triangle in order to have a ‘point’ for where the animal was. 
> 
> Over the long term (i.e., in the Fall), I would like to analyze home
> range to get an idea of what types of forest the animals were using and
> then perform resource selection function analyses. I would use the
> centroid of the triangles obtained via triangulation to estimate the
> home range via MCP or some other method. 
> 
> Does that make sense?

sur, perfectly feasible.

> I have tried to use the Azimuth and Distance package to draw the lines
> from my triangulations, but without much success. 

what is the problem? the plugin should be simple to use.

> I am familiar and comfortable with R, I will check that package out. Any
> tips to get me started with it?
> 
> As for Movebank, I know of it but I do not have a reliable internet
> connection while I am in the field, so I cannot really use that.

AFAIK Movebank is proprietary, and I do not sponsor its use.
All the best.

-- 
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu
QGIS & PostGIS courses: http://www.faunalia.eu/training.html
https://www.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&geo=IT&q=qgis,arcgis
_______________________________________________
AniMov mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.faunalia.it/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/animov

Reply via email to