Hi,

>> I installed the AniMov plugin but I am not too sure where to start or
>> how it works. I could not find a tutorial or a user manual online. Could
>> anyone point me to such resources? Or help me figure out how to do this?
>>
>> My .csv dataset contains UTM coordinates for every listening point I
>> take bearings from, as well as a the bearing for the direction from
>> which I heard the strongest signal for each collar. I also already have
>> a QGIS map of the general area where my hares are.
>
> for simple descriptive analyses you can use basic QGIS to import your
> data, overlay to base maps, show heathmaps, draw contour lines, etc.
> For more quantitative analyses you can install the plugin and calculate
> kernel analyses with different methods.


the problem with the QGIS plugin is that -especially on Windows- it
has an "hard" dependency that is the statsmodels python module,
because this is not shipped with QGIS python installation nor part of
the options in the osgeo4w installer.

This are the instructions from who last developed the plugin

https://github.com/geomatico/sextante_animove/blob/master/doc/installation_win.rst

Fortunately now with osgeo4w is possible to install pip, and with it
install easily the pandas and statsmodels python libraries for the
python installation that comes with QGIS (scipy and numpy can be
installed with osgeo4w), and that is a lot easier than the above
instructions.

Unfortunately this will not make the plugin really usable, in fact it
suffers of several issues that where never solved. The issue were
originally posted in the old plugin bug tracker hosted in the platform
that also hosts the QGIS bug tracker. Recently this platform have been
updated and the the plugins repositories/bug trackers removed
(maintainers have been warned with a large advance). The animov code
repository has been then moved to Github.

Those issues are apparently not available in the repository listed as
the official one in the plugin metadata
(https://github.com/geomatico/sextante_animove) but they are in this
fork

https://github.com/alexbruy/sextante_animove/issues

This code repo should be the one listed in plugin metadata, in fact is
the one that includes the latest code shipped with the plugin as
available in the QGIS (plugins repository).



cheers

-- Giovanni --
_______________________________________________
AniMov mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.faunalia.it/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/animov

Reply via email to