HI,
I need to do a grep-like search in a file without using shell commands and
in a check_mode compatible way.
I just need to check  the presence of a given string a in a file without
doing overwrites of any kind.
I implemented something with lineinfile but I'm very annoyed by the need
to  specify the line parameter to overwrite the file
because the r.e. may be wrong.

Is there any cleaner way to do what I need?

- name: grub
  become: true
  lineinfile:
    path: /etc/myfile