On a related note: maybe try just tweaking the existing setup to use
`ansible_winrm_message_encryption=never` on your Windows host(s) in the
inventory or via `-e` to prove if it's related to the new message
encryption support. You've clearly been running unencrypted in the past-
we'll leave the discussion of that being a good idea for another thread ;)
but disabling message encryption that way should put you back to exactly
the way it was working before.

-Matt