I looked into the nsodbc --> odbc manager --> odbc-driver-for-mssql
solution.  Some of those 3 components already exist on Win32, and we'd like
a uniform solution for both platforms.  It seemed very suitable, except that
I couldn't locate Linux binaries for any of those components.  (I have no
success thus far at compiling C).  And the only sources I could find for a
SQL Server ODBC driver require the "Sybase Client Libraries" to compile
(whatever that is).

I also considered using JDBC object to connect to SQL, and then scripting
those through TclBlend.

Or FreeTDS if I could get it built and configured.

Or the ODBC-ODBC Bridge from EasySoft.

Or a home-grown RPC daemon on a Win32 box just to handle the SQL Server.

Or just installing Oracle (that is, until I saw the price tag).

Thanks for any help in this situation.  If we can adopt AOLserver in some
form (which means hooking it to SQL Server) I can start contributing
software and tech help to the community.
--
Mark Hubbard: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Microsoft Certified Professional