I hate to say it, but drop back to 3.0 and test on RH 7.2. If it breaks,
then there's something different in the combo between AOLserver and RedHat
7.2.

If it works, then upgrade to AOLserver 3.1 and test, then 3.2 and test etc.
until you get to 3.4.2, also on RedHat 7.2. Let's find out which upgrade
breaks it. When it breaks, get a backtrace with GDB, then look at the
sources where it breaks and see what's changed between the code that broke
and the version before it.

Frankly, I'm surprised that a bad path would cause a segfault, which leads
me to believe that some var or pointer isn't being initialized before use.

/s.