Here's a piece of test code I've used in the past:

# This proc is run when a connection occurs

proc handle_socklistencallback {rfd wfd} {
    ns_log notice "A client has connected to the socket"
    while {[set line [string trim [gets $rfd]]] != ""} {
        lappend headers $line
    }
    ns_log notice "CLIENT HTTP HEADERS:"
    ns_log notice "$headers"

    set content_htm \
"<html>
<head>
<title>non-ssl test</title>
</head>
read the client HTTP header and send back this HTML page. Hit the back
button to return to the test page.

    set myheader \
        "HTTP/1.0 200 Document follows

    puts $wfd \
"$myheader

$content_htm"

    flush $wfd
    close $rfd
    close $wfd
}

# This starts the listener on an address and port, and tells it
# what proc to run when a connection comes in

ns_socklistencallback 192.168.0.2 8443 handle_socklistencallback

/s.

Scott S. Goodwin
e:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] | u: http://scottg.net