Scott Goodwin wrote:
8. The non-comm-driven SSL connections rely on Tcl channels so that you
can use puts, gets and friends on them. The channel code adds
complexity to nsopenssl that is not required for the comm-driven
connections.

Hmmm. Well then why not just use Tls? AFAIR AOLserver 4.0 supports packages, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Also, this way AOLserver's native Tcp functions (like
ns_sock_listencallback) could be used in conjunction with tls::import -
so writing Tcl-only compatibility functions shouldn't be too hard.

I'm running tls inside AOLserver 3.x by doing load+source in the threads
which connect to my communication module and/or listen to some ports.
There do not seem to be any problems with that.

--
WK

-- AOLserver - http://www.aolserver.com/