Hi Daniel, Bas,

I agree with most of your arguments. But I don't think we should think
of AOLServer as a "pathetic wannabe" should it allow to combine it with
PERL, PHP, HypeXY: If you don't need it, don't use it. People will
notice that use of TCL is superior for many things but they are not
bound to it. And there are people using AOLserver simply as a proxy to
do something completely different than serving web pages, that's
exciting.

There are successful combinations of Apache, PHP, Java, Perl - this
flexibility is part of the Hype. Too much people have to spend too much
time everyday to convince people of AOLserver, TCL, or AOLserver _and_
TCL - the reasons for it are widely known.
Hypothetically: why relax and wait until Apache2 is equally fast and AOL
itself drops use of AOLserver? Why not lay groundwork for its openness
now? Personally I don't mind using a tool that's part of a hype - if
it's AOLserver, the better!

Bernd.