Turns out I spent a lot of time getting those -rpaths and - install_name things to work :) Oh well.

Anyway, seems like three cases:

- Mac OS/X -- without -install_name, it burns in the current build directory -- I think install_name_tool can be used at install time to reset.

- On Windows, the convention is to find the .dll's first in the location the binary is located -- the aolserver install dumps everything in bin/ so this seems ok.

- On all other Unix, I could purge all the -rpath stuff from the build so folks are required to do the right thing with LD_LIBRARY_PATH, ld.config, whatever on their system.

I'm ok with these changes if other folks are -- would simplify the build logic as well.

-Jim