On Fri, 2009-05-29 at 16:31 -0400, Dave Bauer wrote:

> In the case of the bug tracker, the bug tracking software is clearly
> NOT the problem, but the lack of anyone doing anything about those
> bugs on way or the other.  Until that is addressed any effort to
> change the presentation of the bugs is useless. There is no process or
> resources to deal with the bugs. That is the problem.

I pretty much agree with this, but it is important to point out that
there are no fatal bugs in AOLserver, no bugs which make it useless or
unreliable, no bugs which would cause someone to abandon AOLserver.

There is also basically nothing we can do to make it run any faster, it
is just too efficient at the C code level, and Tcl speed is handled by
the Tcl community.

Most bugs only show up under extreme usage conditions.

One area of concern is just a lack of documentation of all kinds.

At the moment my guess is that a ticket tracker, even the one at source
forge, is more likely to make it more difficult to find information
about bugs and get them fixed.