2010/4/19 Felipe Sánchez Martínez <fsanc...@dlsi.ua.es>:

> Hi all,
>
> Prompsit did not go down, why? because the language pairs offered there
> are stable and tested.
>
> I would like to rise a question. Should we offer the translation between
> developing language pairs at the webpage? IMHO we shouldn't.

But what's the measure? Released pairs? The ones at apertium.org have
all had a release. All language pairs that have reached version 1.0?
That's rather arbitrary… All that have had a thorough testvoc?  All
released pairs _should_ have this. Should one simply let, say, half a
year pass before putting a release on the server, to collect bug
reports? How many people actually download the language packages, run
lots of text through them, and then _report the bugs_?

It seems to me like a better solution is to use ScaleMT, and perhaps
let those language pairs that we, for whatever reason, consider too
untested run on a different server. Unless I completely misunderstood
Victor's presentation last fall, using ScaleMT it should be possible
to keep the web page going even though one server goes down (do you
even need ScaleMT to do that?). Thus developers can get quick feedback
on what's wrong (oh, and apertium.org gets to offer more language
pairs). Of course, this assumes that there is the possibility of
having yet another server…

best regards,
Kevin Brubeck Unhammer