On 4 April 2018 at 12:42, Hèctor Alòs i Font <hectora...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've put a "v" prefix to the version numbers in both Makefile.am and
> configure.ac.

That is almost, but not quite, what I asked for, and breaks everything.

The version in Makefile.am doesn't matter. Delete the line entirely.

The verson in configure.ac must NOT have letters in it. It should just be
1.4.0.

The git tag of the release should be tagged as v1.4.0. This step doesn't
change any files - it's a git command, or Github UI action. If you aren't
familiar with git tagging, I'll do this step.

-- Tino Didriksen