Le 19/02/2018 à 16:10, Kevin Hale Boyes a écrit :
> On Mon, Feb 19, 2018 at 7:42 AM, Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Le 19/02/2018 à 15:18, Kevin Hale Boyes a écrit :
>>> So what I did was write a test program using JNDI and see if I could get
>>> the operational attributes that way.
>>> It didn't work either.  I'm able to get the same set of attributes as
>> using
>>> the API library.
>>
>> Ok, so it seems that your LDAP server does not properly handle the
>> special "+" attribute.
>>

> Yeah, that's what it looks like but the curious thing is Directory Studio
> is able to get the operational attributes.

It checks if the server supports the feature, and if not, if constructs
an explicit lits of ttributes (as you just did) :

InitializeAttributesRunnable :

    public static synchronized void initializeAttributes( IEntry entry,
StudioProgressMonitor monitor )
    {
        // get user attributes or both user and operational attributes
        String[] returningAttributes = null;
        LinkedHashSet<String> raSet = new LinkedHashSet<String>();
        raSet.add( SchemaConstants.ALL_USER_ATTRIBUTES );
        boolean initOperationalAttributes =
entry.getBrowserConnection().isFetchOperationalAttributes()
            || entry.isInitOperationalAttributes();

        if ( initOperationalAttributes )
        {
            if (
entry.getBrowserConnection().getRootDSE().isFeatureSupported(
                SchemaConstants.FEATURE_ALL_OPERATIONAL_ATTRIBUTES ) )
            {
                raSet.add( SchemaConstants.ALL_OPERATIONAL_ATTRIBUTES );
            }
            else
            {
                Collection<AttributeType> opAtds =
SchemaUtils.getOperationalAttributeDescriptions( entry
                    .getBrowserConnection().getSchema() );
                Collection<String> atdNames = SchemaUtils.getNames(
opAtds );
                raSet.addAll( atdNames );
            }
        }

>> Which server it is ?
>>

> Looks like Active Directory. The attributes shown on the Root DSE show V51,
> V60, V61R2 and ADAM.

Probably the worst so called LDAP servers. The M$ way : embrace, extend
and estinguish...

--
Emmanuel Lecharny

Symas.com