So let me repeat..Approx 4.5 Billion Population (more than half of the
world population), 56 economies are 2 big enough reasons to end this
discussion but let's proceed, though no one mentioned race or ethnicity but
you brought that up so let me tell you It's almost impossible to provide an
exact number due to the fluid nature of ethnic identities keeping in mind
the vastness and complexity of the region. But, the number will be in the
thousands so as the languages these people speak. I'm not sure how much
more diversity is required to find the right candidate to lead a registry.

I agree that it's valuable to have diverse perspectives in leadership, but
let's not underestimate the incredible talents and potential that already
exist within the region, the region which is so huge that it may take more
than 15hrs non-stop flight to fly from one end to another. Embracing local
leadership doesn't mean we're closing doors to the world, it means we're
just recognizing and nurturing the expertise that's right here in our
backyard which is again half of the world. Anyone interested to support and
help this region and community can by all means come and collaborate with
us. If we can't find 7 honest, talented and committed leaders from our
region to lead the registry (yes, APNIC is just a registry and not solving
world hunger or poverty issues) then I guess we have bigger problems to
solve than discussing these petty issues.

This is kind of "we need an intervention from a saviour from outside"
ideology, because clearly, the region is just a barren wasteland devoid of
any capable leaders to strategically guide a "REGISTRY". But hey, who needs
a goldmine of potential when we can just keep looking elsewhere, right? May
be let's just move on from this point otherwise it's just a monologue to
the void. It's almost like practicing your speech to an imaginary audience.
Who knows, maybe the void will surprise you with a standing ovation one day.

Have a nice weekend.

Regards,

Aftab A. Siddiqui