Thanks Harold and Jerry.  Helpful information on timing.

Jerry, if you have time, could you clarify your comment, "Urea
application on peach in New Jersey have not been observed to be
effective in increasing tissue N in leaves buds and shoots. (Much
research on this subject in Fruit Nutrition by Childers and others)"?

Are you saying all the N absorbed through the leaves is translocated
to the roots, or that N is not absorbed through the leaves at all?

I've read that a foliar N application in the fall can delay bloom in
peach, but can't remember where I read it.  Perhaps an article in a
trade magazine.  When I googled it, this is all I could find.

"For  example,  the  application  of  foliar nitrogen in the autumn
delayed the bloom of peaches compared to untreated controls (Reeder &
Bowen, 1981). "

http://www.ccsenet.org/journal/index.php/jps/article/viewFile/52934/28326

Mark